Tuesday, June 6, 2023

 


And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you,

If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain,

Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove;

and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Matthew 17:20

 

     The disciples were supposed to be able to heal in Jesus name but they could not so the man brought his afflicted son to Christ. The boy was healed and later, in private the disciples had asked, ‘What gives?’ Matthew 17:20 records His answer.

    I take solace in my inability to heal by taking this verse figuratively. I do not feel convicted about my inability to heal but embrace the figurative interpretation I have been given. I’m a crafter. I make beaded angels. When we had some serious prayer requests come into our church from outsiders for ongoing medical issues I asked if I could make them angels with notes to remind the people they were being prayed for. I was given the go ahead and I chose colors according to the awareness bands that are so popular for cancer and other illnesses. I wondered what size beads to use. The answer came immediately: seed beads. This verse followed quickly on its heels.

       That was quite a few years ago. My little seed bead angels are an encouragement as I tell the recipient that I am praying that the mountains of anxiety and fear that come with diagnosis and disease will be moved and they will be at peace. Healing doesn’t always come this side of Heaven but peace is possible.

      I may never get to a place where I believe that nothing shall be impossible to me. But I shall overcome anxiety by imagining it moving out of my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment