Saturday, June 24, 2023


 

But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt,

and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

For where your treasure is there will your heart be also. Matthew 6:20-21

 

 

     Trinkets and treasures sure do change as we grow up don’t they? As a little girl I had a simple white jewelry box with a ballerina that danced. I didn’t have much in the way of treasures to keep in it. When I became a teen-ager Mom gave me her old jewelry box. It was white as well but more compartmentalized. I didn’t have much jewelry but kept in it the Silver Dollars I’d earned for Bible memorization, a wheat penny from the year my father was born, and my class ring.

     The ballerina jewelry box and its contents are gone now. I still have Mom’s jewelry box on a shelf.  The silver dollars are all gone but one which is in a scrapbook and it’s not as shiny as it used to be. I lost the wheat penny. The class ring was stolen but recovered. These were some of my earthly treasures growing up and the earth took its toll.

      So where can a girl store her treasures where they’ll keep their value? The answer is heaven. But hearses have no trailer hitches. The treasure we store in heaven is the reward God has in store for His good and faithful servants. I’m not sure what that is exactly but I know it will fill the longing of my heart and not disappoint.

     No tears over loss: lost mementos; lost trust; lost voices. Heaven is the place where my heart will be filled with the treasure of a lifetime of love for the Lord. Where else would I want to spend Eternity? 

No comments:

Post a Comment