Thursday, May 30, 2013

Identity Theft

     "He calls his sheep by name and leads them out. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand." (John 10:3b and 28 NIV)

     I have one name but many identities. My birth certificate identifies me as Henry and Delores' daughter. My marriage certificate identifies me as David's wife. The DMV identifies me as legally able to drive in California, well the DMV and AAA combined. Kaiser identifies me as one of their patients and to the library I am a patron. I used to work for one of the largest school districts in Orange County and volunteer for a company whose motto is "embracing quality of life." 

     But all those identities mean nothing in comparrison to who Jesus says I am. He says I am His and that's never going to change. As the pastor was saying words similar to this a few weeks ago the Life Lock commercial flashed in my head. For a fee, this company will protect me from crooks who seek to steal my identity, creating a credit crisis and possibly ruining my good name. Even if that happens, my most important identity will not change. 


I am a child of God, my place in Eternity locked in place by His Son's very life. And so are you if you believe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment