Thursday, May 30, 2013

Until Then

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror;
then we shall see face to face. 

Now I know in part; then I shall know fully,
even as I am fully known.

1 Corinthians 13:12


     I sighed when I saw the e-mail. The subject said it all. My friend was still living in a boxing ring taking hard blows and fighting to stay on his feet. All I can do is encourage him from the sidelines until the bell rings, signaling the end of this round and for his sake I hope he can take off his gloves and rest a while. 

     This personal trial as well the scary stuff I see on the news has me shaking my head and wondering why. I want to see the end of my friend's trials and I want bad things to stop happening to innocent people. I know it's futile to even ask but I can't help it. I feel like it's not just a poor reflection, due to the dust of pain and suffering but there's a crack going through it as well, a crack called evil. 

     What I see now brings tears that will be washed away Then. What I don't know now, will have meaning Then. But for now I must deal with the dust and the cracks that distort the picture. For now all I know is that people hurt people and it makes me long for Then more and more every day.

     Until Then I will take the polishing cloth of His promises and run it over the dust being careful not to cut myself on the crack. 

2 comments:

  1. I've had days where I feel just like this. You put it into words beautifully.

    ReplyDelete