Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Don't Drink The Water

This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.
Revelation 13:18

That's the water meter in front of my apartment building. If you drank my tap water you might wonder what evil things it was doing to my body. It doesn't taste foul all the time so I suppose that's why I let my guard down and grab a cup to take a pill. Then there are times I'm apologizing to my taste buds for that momentary lapse.

That momentary lack of wisdom.

I'll never have the wisdom it would take on the complicated calculation mentioned in the verse, (good thing I was given the answer), but I can at least use the brains God gave me. He at least made me smart enough to understand 10 simple rules (commandments) and know when to use good judgement. I know when to walk away and I know when to run. But I don't always take the advice Kenny Rogers gave me.

Sometimes I drink the water.

I don't stand my ground. I get pulled in. I let my guard down. And it leaves a bad taste in my soul.

I apologize to my Soul Dweller.

When I drink of the things this world has to offer I may not see the consequences right away. But sometimes I feel the shame. I actually prefer those times. I can apologize right away, sometimes even spitting out the bad water.

Momentary lapses are just that--momentary.

They don't have to have lasting consequences. I pray to my Soul Dweller, sink His Word in my heart, and vow to stop going to the tap for my water. I ask for wisdom and I share my insight with you. What the world has to offer isn't worth the consequences.

So please, don't drink the water the world has to offer.




No comments:

Post a Comment