Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Roadtrip

"You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." Psalm 16:11

     This little PT Cruiser has taken me quite a few places over the last couple of years. It's taken me to visit family and hopefully be of some encouragement, which I feel is how God wired me to be. I've gone out of my way to help others to places where the temp gage hit triple digits. I've engaged in everyday dullness and exciting adventures. 

     As wonderful as my car is (the color rocks!) it doesn't know where I am going. Only God knows that. I wish I was like David and could say with confidence that I know what He wants from me. Oh, I'm sure I'm on the path to Heaven which is what I feel this Psalm is talking about but it's all the daily side trips along this road that concern me. I know God wired me to help others and I believe I'm on the right path to strengthen this servant's heart but it's a long road. 

     Just like with any road trip it's good to take rest/stretch breaks. There's a lovely rest stop on the way to San Diego with clean restrooms, vending machines, and a scenic view. In my life that rest stop is my daily devotion time. I try to take time every morning to read my Bible and I pray and listen to Christian music throughout the day. As for stretching, school is taking care of that. I haven't been in school in over 20 years and am out of my comfort zone. 

     But that's okay because Jesus is always with me so there is joy here. I'm looking forward to Eternal joy while trying to remember that eternity started yesterday so I am living in joy now.

     Remember friends, you're never alone, Jesus is always with you and if you've gotten off-track His guidance is just a whisper away.





No comments:

Post a Comment