Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Clear is the word for the new year

"Even in the case of lifeless things that make sounds, such as the flute or harp, how will anyone know what tune is being played unless there is a distinction in the notes?" 1 Corinthians 14:7
 



     A new year is upon us but I am looking at things of old. The old fashioned radio sitting on the antique dresser are things in my life that are still useful today as is the instruction to the church in Corinth penned by the Apostle Paul. His is a call for clarity in the context of speaking in tongues and sharing prophesies but I see an application in this verse for myself. I see the word that my mother wrote in braille and put on a bag of beads--CLEAR. Her label is in the upper left-hand corner of my laptop. It's a reminder to be clear in my writing.

    But maybe, just maybe it's time for that label to be applied elsewhere. Perhaps it is time to be clear not only with my written words but with my spoken ones as well. Perhaps it is time to be clear with my convictions. Perhaps it is time to be clear with my intentions. Perhaps it is time to be clear with myself, facing my fears and daring to dream.
 
      And there's not just being clear, there's doing clear. January is a time of resolutions and while I do not officially make any I do often find myself thinking about how I can make the current year better than the last. A recurring theme has been clearing the clutter and for me that means physical, emotional, and spiritual clutter. Spiritual clutter? What in the world do I mean by that? I'm not totally sure but I have a feeling I'm going to find out and when I do clear the spiritual clutter I will gain better access to the spirit.
 
     How about you? Is clear the word for you this year? Whether you are being or doing, I wish you a blessed 2014. I hope I've made that point clear.




No comments:

Post a Comment