Tuesday, June 20, 2023


 

And he said, Go into the city to such a man, and say unto him,

The Master saith, My time is at hand;

I will keep the Passover at thy house with my disciples. Matthew 26:8

 

 

           Since making His public debut Jesus had made it known that He was here to seek and save the lost. He’d also made it clear He would not be hanging around forever. There was a time coming when He would no longer be walking among the people. The language He uses here makes me think the man whose house He wanted to use knew Who Jesus was and why He came.

      Nothing more is said of the man, not even a record of a, Thanks for the meal, it was delicious. Jesus’ time had come and He had business to take care of. Perhaps this is why no more mention is made of this host of The Last Supper.  Jesus’ had to let the disciples know that there was a betrayer among them. He had to travel from the city to the Garden of Gethsemane where He prayed.

      His time came but not before He was ready. The high priests, scribes and Pharisees conspired. Judas betrayed but God controlled the timing and the unfolding of the events. When I see the word time I can’t help of Queen Esther saying, “For such a time as this,” knowing she had been sent to save her people. Jesus was sent to save all people. He knew His time had come.

      Time: it’s not in our control but it is in God’s Hands. What are you doing with the time He’s given you? Unlike Jesus we can’t know when our time is up so I for one hope to be using my time wisely for His Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment