Wednesday, June 21, 2023


 

For where two or three are gathered together in my name,

there am I in the midst of them. Matthew 18:20

 

 

       Jesus understood the need for humans to have companionship and to gather together. He understood it because He administered the anesthetic when Adam was put to sleep so a rib could be removed from him in order to create Eve. People loved Jesus so of course when He said, Any time you all get together in my name, I am so there, they filled their Daytime Planners and Blackberry’s with Christ honoring events.

     Over the years I’ve heard about people who were at church every time the church doors were open. I am not quite there but almost. Sunday, I partake in corporate worship, Monday is prayer, Tuesday is Bible study, and Wednesday is mid-week service which includes dinner. Thursday through Saturday also has events for others.

     But Jesus meets in the secret rooms too. He followed the sign of the fish of the early church. He goes to the oppressed: their very lives depend on secrecy. He meets those who have public meetings for secular means but use those connections to spread His love. Sometimes the invitation is coded but still He shows up.

     He goes to rural farmhouses and penthouses of sky rise buildings in large cities. He goes on prayer walks. He goes to homes of churches just starting out. He meets the couple in the hospital chapel praying for strength. Jesus says, Just save me a seat at your small group fellowship and I’ll be there.

      Together: one of my favorite definitions means in harmony. Jesus doesn’t come because of location or food. He comes because 2 or 3 are in harmony meeting in His Name. So don’t give up joining together in His Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment