Friday, June 30, 2023


 

And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:

but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him,

neither in this world, neither in the world to come. Matthew 12:32

 

             Forgiven for speaking against one-third of the trinity but condemned in both worlds for speaking against another third doesn’t make sense to me. It’s the triune God. I’ve always been taught they were 3 in 1 and 1 in 3: all in it together.

        I don’t have to know the why to know the how. In order to be forgiven I must trust Jesus Christ as my Savior. In order to stay forgiven I must watch my words. This one seems like a no-brainer for Christians. Why would we speak negatively about any of them?

      In the grand scheme of things our time on earth is but a moment but the world to come: that means eternity. Not that I would want forgiveness from God withheld for any amount of time but to go without it in this world might possibly be tolerable. I may feel some discomfort within my soul and much searching would lead me to the source. I can’t imagine intentionally hurting my Lord with my words. But at least I have the chance to repent and be forgiven.

     But to go an eternity without His forgiveness: if that is not the definition of Hell I don’t know what is.  Wow, words are powerful! No wonder they are referred to as two-edged swords. I must strive to guard them even better than before now that I have found this verse. I want to be right with God in both worlds.

      Please don’t miss the blessings in this world or the beauty of the next. Guard your words.

No comments:

Post a Comment