Thursday, June 29, 2023


 

For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house,

and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work,

and commandeth the porter to watch. Mark 13:34

 

     We have no idea when Christ will return, no matter what the internet says. Most internet claims can be checked through Scopes but for this one we have a better filter: the Word of God. All we know is He is returning. While He is gone we each have work to do.

     Living to glorify God and bring others to a saving knowledge of Him is our work but we also have individual tasks. This isn’t some chore chart posted on the fridge or extra chores your parents assigned you as punishment. This is your piece of the work pie chosen especially for you according to your gifts, abilities, and calling.

      When I say gifts, I am referring to spiritual gifts. Each believer has at least one and if you don’t know what yours is, ask your pastor about taking a spiritual giftedness test. You know your abilities but don’t be surprised if God expects you to learn something new or step out of your comfort zone. Your calling is that yearning God has put in your heart.

      He didn’t give us work to do just to keep us from being bored. He expects us to be at work so I wouldn’t put off those giftedness tests or waste time worrying if I was good enough. I would seek though prayer, His assignment for me and get to it.

     Revelation 22:12 confirms the importance of work. “And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.” I hope He finds us working.

No comments:

Post a Comment