Sunday, June 4, 2023


 

Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap,

nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them.

Are ye not much better than they? Matthew 6:26

 

       Okay I really don’t understand the comparison to birds but here it is again. This time rather than watching over them, the Father is feeding them. And they’ve done nothing to deserve it. We do this for our own children but at some time they must leave the nest and fend for themselves. We would never allow them to starve but we expect them to go out and earn their way.

     We are much better than the birds. I’m beginning to think that when it came to creation, He saved the best (mankind) for last. The thing is we don’t deserve what we are given either. We never could. G.R.A.C.E.—God’s Riches At Christ Expense. That is what we feed on. We do for the Lord not to work for our supper but to thank Him for it.

       Are we much better than the birds? I love it when an affirmation is put forth as a question. The correct answer is yes, we are much better than the fowls of the air. I guess in a down moment we could be tempted to answer no but that is just not true. But in seasons when we are unable to sow or save we may feel that way. But we are much better. Not just better: much better. That brings me comfort because I know how much He values each member of His creation.

       Now it is my turn to be gob smacked. I am more valuable than birds that He watches over and feeds. So are you. He will do the same for us and much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment