Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Cattle On A Thousand Hills

"And my God will meet all your needs
according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:19

I wasn't worried, not really, even when our finances were as thin as tissue paper we've always had our needs met. We've had a roof over our head, food (not fancy but adequate), and at least one roll of TP in the bathroom. Now, because I'd made a decision a bit late in the game and another move later than I should have I was facing a big expense. So there I stood in the financial aide office asking why my daughter got a waiver but I didn't and how much funding I could expect and the young man had no answers.

He told me to go ahead and register and gamble that my classes wouldn't get dropped before I could come up with the money. He was sure it would be fine and explained the process to me since no one gets their disbursement until after classes start anyway. It sounded like a lot of hoops to jump through as I held my breath waiting for my first financial aide check. Then he smiled and said, "Don't worry."

But his words weren't what stopped me from worrying. It was my mother's words coming to me earlier. She'd always said God owns the cattle on a thousand hills. So once again this week I decided to trust, just like I did when I started to freak out over how hard classes would be. I know it won't be easy becoming a nurse and finances should be the least of my concerns so I'm going to rest in God's promise to never leave me or forsake me.


This bench is across the street from the financial aid office. I sat in it and thought of myself as being in the Hand of God. Well, no more time for sitting. It's time for me to follow this desire God has given me and hold His Hand as I walk a new path.

I hope you can see yourself in the Hand of God no matter what you're facing.

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture!! Such a stable, firm, and unchanging hand -- much like my Father's, just smaller. It is so good to know that the One who holds it all - owns the cattle on a thousand hills - will take the time to care for one such as me. I need not worry for I am in His unchanging hand.

    ReplyDelete